Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How often do I change my koi fish's water in my pond?

I have a pond of koi fish in my backyard and I don't know when to change the water. Can you please help!!How often do I change my koi fish's water in my pond?If you have them in a good size pond then you shouldn't have to change the water. You just need a good filter system...and change the filter as needed. In cold climates you need a depth of at least 3 feet to keep the koi outside over the winter. I have a koi pond and i love it! Just add water as needed when it evaporates.How often do I change my koi fish's water in my pond?I'm with koi keeper.......do you have a test kit for your water....I mean the kind that has the drops and not the strips.......those strips are inaccurate far too often.....How often do I change my koi fish's water in my pond?If it got a external filter or internal filter, clean and raise the sponge to remove slightly the fish waste.

If you do not have any then suggest you buy one to reduce fishes from getting diseaseHow often do I change my koi fish's water in my pond?A good rule of thumb is to do a 10% water change weekly. You might also want to check out some of the online Koi sites for more help.How often do I change my koi fish's water in my pond?at least 10% weekly. it should be managed similarly to an aquarium.How often do I change my koi fish's water in my pond?I don't think you change out pond water ,but I am not that experienced.