Friday, September 23, 2011

Why is my aquarium water orange?

I have a 35 gallon tank, with a gourami, some barbs, platies and a highfin pleco. I feed tetrafin flakes (which guarantees cleaner and clearer water) and sinking alge pellets.

I water change once a week and have a new fluval 3 filter, but my water has this nasty orange tint to it all the time.

What is it, and how can I treat it?Why is my aquarium water orange?maybe you should try changing the water twice a week. it may be the waste of the fish. it may also that you have an algae problem. plecos are good for this but some are not. also do you have driftwood in the tank. if its real driftwood you should have cured it before putting it in. a goodway would be to boil it for atleast 2 hours u will notice that it no longer stains the water. another thing if you overfeed them thismay also be the problem. good luckWhy is my aquarium water orange?Could you have iron in your tap water? If you have rusty-colored residue on your faucets, in your sinks and toilets, it would be rust from iron in the water. If that's what you have, I really don't know what to do about it but I know that good quality water conditioners do bind dissolved metals and help them be less harmful to fish. Hope this helps.