Friday, September 23, 2011

I did a 50% water change. When will my water clear up?

I was treating my tank yesterday and had to do a 50% water change and the water is all whitish and cloudy now. Do I have to leave it to filter through again until it clears up? How long until the water clears again? Why did it go all murky? It is a 70gal tank with two 70gal filters and live plantsI did a 50% water change. When will my water clear up?Does it have sand in the bottom? If your filters are doing their jobs, it should clear up in a hour or so unless this is a new tank.





Large water changes usually aren't that good, multiple smaller ones in the same day are better if you have a really bad water quality reading.

(like do a 20%, wait a few hours, then do another 20% and so on)I did a 50% water change. When will my water clear up?I maintain aquariums professionally, and due to being paid by the hour, I cannot take ALL day to maintain one aquarium. A normal freshwater service from my company consists of a 50-70% water changed depending on the water test results.



After a water change, it may take up to 4 hours for your aquarium to clear depending on the performance of your filtration.



Try adding carbon to the filter to help clear water.



If my help has been useful to you, please visit my blog dedicated to the marine aquarium hobby, news, and products.

www.reef-daily.com