Friday, September 23, 2011

How long can you keep the carbon filter out?

My fish have a case of fungus. I'm treating it right now with drop in tablets. To use these tablets you have to take out the carbon filter, I assume so the carbon filter doesn't filter out the meds.



It says to give the meds 4 days to work, and if the fungus isn't completely gone to do a 20-25% water change and add another dose.



I plan on doing a second dose. One reason being just so i'm sure it worked, and second i've read a few places that people do a minimum treatment of 7 days.



My question is, is it safe to have the carbon filter out for that long? A probable 8 days. Should I put it back in for a day or two between the two fungus treatments. Or would that extract any left over medication from the first dose, even with in between water change, that needs to be there to help the second dose?How long can you keep the carbon filter out?This happened to me!

I left out the filter with no problem. My treatment lasted 10 days. I did have an undergravel filter going though. I did 2 treatments as well and didn't wait between them. I did both back to back.

Hope this helps.How long can you keep the carbon filter out?To daysHow long can you keep the carbon filter out?It really depends on how many fish you have and how high the ammonia levels are. When you are treating fish for disease you want to make sure that the water quality is as good as can be but you also do not want to add stress to them by disturbing the tank to much.



So I would check you water and see where you are at before I would do the second treatment.

:o)How long can you keep the carbon filter out?What you are suppost to do is take the carbon out of the filter cartridge and leave the filter cartridge in. Unless it is a biowheel, then the carbon cannot be removed so you would have to remove the whole cartrideg. And, yes it is fine thats what you have to do. Do not put the filter cartridge back in. When it is time to add it again get a new one.How long can you keep the carbon filter out?Generally the 20-25% water change will remove enough ammonia for the fish to survive.
  • howtoberomanticwithmygirlfriend
  • hidden myspace
  •