Monday, September 19, 2011

Lion Fish Question?

I have a lion fish and he's sick. It looks like he has ick. How do I treat him? I have done a water change, filter change and treated the tank. Anything else I can do to support him better? Oh my tank is a 55 gallon salt water in case you didn't get that from above... :)Lion Fish Question?I'd go with a clean 'medicated' separate tank, if possible %26amp; feasible, so you can also go with a tank-wide remedy as suggested in a prior reply. You don't want to be trying to hold onto a Lion Fish to apply Ich medication or fungicide directly! Be very careful to fill the medicine tank with water from the fish's current tank, and when putting him back, acclimate him gradually so temp/PH, etc. is not a shock when he goes back home.Lion Fish Question?keep using the ick meds but as long as he is eating fine he should be alrightLion Fish Question?If you can separate him from the tank and use a commercial fungicide on him that would be perfect. If you can not get him out of the tank they make a safe ick medication for marine tanks it is called Ick Attack. It will make the water brown, but won't harm your reef or culture.