Friday, September 23, 2011

I have a Kenmore Coldspot Fridge and the water tastes bad. How much for parts and labor to replace the line?

I have a Kenmore Coldspot 2002 Side-By-Side Refrigerator Model #52512101. The water and ice tastes terrible in it (we are now using ice trays and do not drink the water in it). I bought a house in 2006 which contained this refrigerator in the kitchen. I regularly changed the water filter in the ice maker but it began tasting funny (like a mossy-algae taste) about a year ago. I don't even use the ice maker anymore and fill trays with water for ice from the kitchen sink. I would like to get it fixed and was wondering how much parts and labor for something like this to be replaced is.I have a Kenmore Coldspot Fridge and the water tastes bad. How much for parts and labor to replace the line?Well, the cost of repairing an old fridge like that would probably cost almost as much as buying a new one, and also, if you have to repair one big thing in it like that, then it's only a matter of time 'til something else breaks down in it, too, so, frankly, if the fridge was in the house when you bought it, I would suggest you get a new one.



If money is tight, then look for discontinued last-year's-model sales, like, I got a brand-new, but discontinued, dishwasher at Lowes for about half of what this year's models go for, so shop around, there are deals to be had out there.



Good luck!...I have a Kenmore Coldspot Fridge and the water tastes bad. How much for parts and labor to replace the line?It is approx 20.00 for the tubing kit and you can also add and in line water filter, that is about twenty. Depends where you live, price change town to town. They make a filter you can just push the tubing into. That's pretty easy.