Monday, September 19, 2011

My refrigerator ice-maker has stopped making ice. However, it still dispenses water. How do I fix it?

I have a Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator. It has a water and ice dispenser in the door. The water still dipenses, however there is no ice being made. Also, there appears to be some floaties coming out in my water. I regularly change the filter (every six months).My refrigerator ice-maker has stopped making ice. However, it still dispenses water. How do I fix it?Does your icemaker have a stiff wire over the ice bin? If it does push the wire down into the ice bin. This is similar to a float in a toilet, it tells the ice maker when to stop making ice. It possibly got pushed up into the %26quot;off%26quot; position.My refrigerator ice-maker has stopped making ice. However, it still dispenses water. How do I fix it?these units require a certain amount og water presurre to mak ice .chech to see how long it takes to fill a glass full of water,if it over 30 sec your water presurrse is to low.My refrigerator ice-maker has stopped making ice. However, it still dispenses water. How do I fix it?It would be easier to answer if you would specify which model refrigerator you have. Kenmore is a brand name only; its appliances are all made by other companies.



Does your icemaker have a rubber tube through which the water flows down into the ice tray? If so, check that this tube is not plugged with ice. I've had mine freeze solid several times. The %26quot;right%26quot; way to fix this particular problem is to disassemble the icemaker enough to bathe the rubber tube in hot water to melt the plug. Being lazy, what I do instead is crush the plug by squeezing the tube gently with pliers.



If this is your problem, your ice cube mold will be empty. If your mold is full, then water is flowing OK into it but the mechanism which ejects the cubes has failed. In this case you'll need a service call (or you can buy a new icemaker and replace it yourself if you're handy).