Monday, September 19, 2011

I jave changed the water in my tropical fish tank and its went green within a day filter is working fine?

Any ideas on what this could be and how to solve it



thanksI jave changed the water in my tropical fish tank and its went green within a day filter is working fine?these are caused by microscopic algae

you may have too much lightings, remember that they are only allowed to receive 12 hours of lighting, just like in the nature.

perhaps too much ammonia as well, keep changing the water and you'll be fine.

just think of them as very easy aquatic plant, avoid fish overfeeding, too much light, etc etc

good luck :)I jave changed the water in my tropical fish tank and its went green within a day filter is working fine?It's probably just an algae bloom. (algae in the water) It's not really harmful just not too pretty. Keep doing water changes everyday until it starts looking clear again. It will eventually clear up.I jave changed the water in my tropical fish tank and its went green within a day filter is working fine?Your fish may be getting too much food. Our tank does that if we feed it too often.I jave changed the water in my tropical fish tank and its went green within a day filter is working fine?Definitely an algae bloom. Do you leave the light on for long periods? Simply leaving it off for a few days will effectively strangle any algae out of your tank, and will do no harm to your fish.I jave changed the water in my tropical fish tank and its went green within a day filter is working fine?algae is very common in my tank, specially on one side where the sun gets in, make sure the tank isn't in direct sunlight. there re some fish that eat the algae, but i use antialgae solution stuff, its mainly for green water but i works well with the plant form too... just put 3-4 squirts in and its done, for the side of the tank i use a black carbon fliter as i dont use these now as i cant be bothered to take them out the filter when i have to put treatment inI jave changed the water in my tropical fish tank and its went green within a day filter is working fine?to much light if you have lights on your tank put a timer to turn the lights on twice a day for a few hours ,if not move it out of the light.